The aim of ITEMA 2021 conference is to bring together academic community (experts, scientists, engineers, researchers, students and others) and publication of their papers with the purpose of popularization of science and their personal and collective affirmation.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, conference will take place virtually and ONLINE with 35% registration fee discount.
Program will combine presentations of the latest scientific developments in Information Technologies, Tourism, Economics, Management and Agriculture, interactive discussions and other forms of interpersonal exchange of experiences.
Abstract submission deadline
The conference theme is
Recent Advances in Information Technology, Tourism,
Economics, Management and
All accepted full papers for the ITEMA 2021 International Scientific Conference will be placed in the ITEMA 2021 Conference Proceedings Pre-draft. Afterwards there will be three circles of full papers’ selection from the ITEMA 2021 Conference Proceedings pre-draft:
1st Circle – Selected papers will be published in the publication titled: ITEMA 2021 Selected Papers – the 5th Conference on IT, Tourism, Economics, Management and Agriculture with an ISSN number. This publication will be submitted to indexation and / or publication and / or the listing at the ISI Web of Science (WOS) Conference Proceedings Citation Index, SCOPUS, EBSCO, CiteSeerX, ERA, ProQuest, Google Books, Google Scholar database and so on.
2nd Circle – Extended and improved versions of the selected papers will be published in a monograph as book chapters. There will be additional independent peer review process.
3rd Circle – Extended and improved versions of the selected papers will be published in highly esteemed partner journals published in different countries by different faculties and universities.
If the full paper is being published in one of the above named publications from the three circles, its abstract will be published in the ITEMA 2021 Book of Abstracts (ISBN and ISSN numbers will be assigned).
Other, non-selected full papers, but accepted for the conference, will be published in the ITEMA 2021 Conference Proceedings (ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers will be assigned).
Full paper and abstract publication does not require online or virtual presentation.
Certificate of attendance will be send by regular mail to all registred authors after the conference.
Official language of the ITEMA 2021 conference is English. Papers may be written and presented in English.
Except conference registration fee, there are no any additional nor hidden publication costs.
In order to avoid high commission of money transfer by bank wire transfer which may go up to 35% of the transferred amount, participants may pay the conference registration fee via PayPal (5% commission).
All received papers prior peer review process will be subject of plagiarism check with iThenticate by Turnitin software. Afterwards, papers will be peer reviewed by the reviewers drawn from the scientific committee or external reviewers depending on the topic, title and the subject matter of the paper.
Selection of papers which will be presented at the conference day will be based upon quality, originality, and relevance.
Publication of one paper prior requires payment of one registration fee, regardless of the number of authors (is there one author or two/three co-authors). Each participant may submit a maximum of two papers. Number of co-authors per paper is limited to three.
ITEMA 2020 Best Paper Award Candidate 1
FINANCIAL LEASING IN THE FUNCTION OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA (STATISTICAL APPROACH)
Slobodan Subotić, University of East Sarajevo, Faculty of Transportation Doboj, Doboj, Republic of Srpska, B&H
Goran Mitrović, Drina Insurance a.d. Milici, Republic of Srpska, B&H
Vladimir Marković, Drina Insurance a.d. Milici, Republic of Srpska, B&H
ITEMA 2020 Best Paper Award Candidate 2
EXPLORING SMART CITY RESEARCH FROM INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND MANAGEMENT PERSPECTIVES
Mario Jadrić, University of Split, Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Cvite Fiskovica 5, 21000 Split, Croatia
ITEMA 2020 Best Paper Award Candidate 3
Living on Croatian Islands – Perceptions and Realities of Island Development Policy
Željka Kordej-De Villa, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb, Trg J. F. Kennedyja 7, Zagreb, Croatia
Sunčana Slijepčević, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb, Trg J. F. Kennedyja 7, Zagreb, Croatia
ITEMA 2020 Best Paper Award Candidate 4
Creating Personalized Guest Experience Journey in Leisure Hotel
Suzana Markovic, Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management, University of Rijeka, Ika, Primorska 42, Opatija, Croatia
Matina Gjurasic, Institute for Tourism, Vrhovec 5, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
ITEMA 2020 Best Paper Award Candidate 5
Safe haven, hedge and diversification for stock markets: Gold versus Silver
Ana Farinha, Escola Superior de Ciências Empresarias – Instituto Politécnico de Setúbal, Portugal
Rui Dias, Escola Superior de Ciências Empresariais – Instituto Politécnico de Setúbal, Portugal & CEFAGE, Universidade de Évora, Portugal
Paula Heliodoro, Escola Superior de Ciências Empresarias – Instituto Politécnico de Setúbal, Portugal
Paulo Alexandre, Escola Superior de Ciências Empresarias – Instituto Politécnico de Setúbal, Portugal
Presentation mode for 5th ITEMA Conference
There are two options: virtual and online (live presentation).
1. Virtual: Participants who would like to join us via virtual presentation should email us their “voice over PowerPoint” presentation narrated in English in a duration of max 10 minutes (this short instructional video presents how the narration may be done, here you can find additional instruction on how to do it);
2. Online (live presentation): Participants who would like to join us via online (live) presentation will be able to present their papers live. Each presenter will have 10 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for Q/A.
Details about these options (software, submission deadline of “voice over PowerPoint” presentation, etc.) will be provided to participants after abstract submission.
ITEMA 2020 Keynote Speaker: Jasmina Gržinić
Full-time professor, Department of Tourism at the Faculty of Economics and Tourism «Dr. Mijo Mirković», at the Juraj Dobrila University in Pula, Croatia.
She has published over 90 scientific papers, 5 books and presented papers at over 20 international scientific conferences.
She is a member of the editorial boards of 7 international scientific journals.
ITEMA 2020 Keynote speaker Ulas Akkucuk
Associate Professor at Bogazici University, Department of Management, Istanbul, Turkey.
Dr. Akkucuk has a PhD in Management Science and Information Systems from Rutgers University (USA).
He has recently been appointed as editor in chief for International Journal of Environmental Sustainability and Green Technologies (IJESGT). Also, he is the assistant editor for Journal of Global Business Insights responsible for IT and E-Business area.
He has edited 7 books for IGI Global two of which have been indexed by Web of Science and others by Scopus.
Special emphasis for ITEMA 2021 is given to the key topic:
Pandemic Crisis – Challenges and Forecasting for a Sustainable Future
The world is in a pandemic crisis. States, multilateral organizations, companies, entrepreneurs and citizens are in urgent need for strategies to fight, cope with and ease pandemic as well as to protect their societies and economies during and after the crisis.
We welcome empirical or theoretical contributions with general case studies and literature surveys which meet ITEMA 2021 conference criteria and deal with the key topic Pandemic Crisis – Challenges and Forecasting for a Sustainable Future. The following areas and key words are of the particular interest, but not limited to:
- Digital transformation of the society: opportunities and challenges
- Technology and its values in the outbreak of coronavirus
- Tourism in crisis: global threats to sustainable tourism futures
- Resilience of tourism city brands
- Local impact of pandemic on host-guest relationships in tourism cities
- Changes in travel behaviors and responses from tourism cities
- Innovation-based responses by smart tourism cities
- Virtual city tourism perspectives as alternative experiences to physical travel
Economics and Management
- Cross-country studies of pandemic impact on the economy
- Economic history of pandemic crisis
- Emerging markets and the pandemic
- European Union, the Euro Area and the pandemic
- Global competitiveness and pandemic
- Long-term socio-economic effects of the pandemic crisis
- Pandemic and employment
- Pandemic and financial markets
- Pandemic crisis and macroeconomic developments
- Pandemic crisis and sovereign debt
- Pandemic crisis and wealth distribution
- Private households and pandemic crisis
- The economics of shut down
- The relationship of state and markets to overcome the pandemic
- The role of multilateral economic organizations in a pandemic crisis
- The role of national and international development banks in pandemic crisis
- The role of the state in pandemic crisis
- International collaboration in the outbreak of coronavirus
- Policy reactions and implications to emerging countries
- What does the future hold in terms of social change (e.g., localization, new norms of behavior)?
- HR pandemic plan
- Pandemic Planning: How companies should respond
- R&D and innovation management during Covid-19
- Impacts of COVID-19 on agricultural and food systems worldwide
- Post-COVID-19 agriculture and food security
ITEMA in numbers
Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans headquartered in Belgrade – Serbia is a non-governmental and non-profit association, founded in 2014 to support the development of scientific thought in the region, development of management and economics profession, as well as education of its members and the general public.
The Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans currently has more than 200 members who came from more than 130 different institutions, more specifically, members from Balkans countries as associate members and honorary members from other countries (Slovakia, Czech Republic, Russia, Ukraine, Mexico, Austria, Switzerland, Turkey, etc.).
Publish your papers in SCI indexed journals with ease
A WORKSHOP ON METHODOLOGY OF WRITING HIGH-QUALITY SCIENTIFIC PAPERS
for professors, researchers, post-graduates & students
The workshop aims to provide information on a range of skills that are essential to develop a career in scientific research. It is independent of any academic subject, focusing more on the philosophy needed to make a successful career in research, whatever the subject.
The course will be held in English and available online – video streamed.
LECTURER – PROF. DR STEVE QUARRIE