Banat’s University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine “King Michael I of Romania” from Timisoara, Calea Aradului, No 119, Romania ei Timissoara
The necessity of the intercultural steps is evidently related to business globalization and internationalization. The associated social phenomena are strongly influenced by the cultural features, by the communication difficulties between cultures, by the cultural shock and the adaptation to another culture, by the commercial failures and the personal frustrations derived from them. These are but a few examples of challenges that accompany the organizations, whether public or private, on their way towards their goal achievement. The success or the failure of a national economy is strongly influenced by a set of cultural features, not only by the natural or technical factors. In the international literature there are some models that are meant to put an end to the main factors that form a culture and thus difference between the cultures all over the world. The best known and used model is the Geert Hofstende model. It is the standard instrument used to describe the cultural impact over only one economy. This study tries to underline the main components of the Romanian culture. We used our own questionnaire in order to be able to quantify the Romanian culture based on the cultural dimensions of Geert Hofstede.
Cultural diversity, organizational behavior, Romania
- Leung, K., & Bond, M. H. (2009). (Eds.). Psychological aspects of social axioms: Understanding global belief systems. New York: Springer SBM.
- Nicolae, Aurelian, Bibu. (2002) Management comparat. Abordare intercultulă, o abordare modernă Editura Mirton Timișoara, pp. 28-29
- Daum, Qce (1995). Mentalitatea suedeză, Editura Humanitas, Bucureşti
- Geert, Hofstede ( 1996) Managemtul Structurilor multiculturale, Software-ul gândirii, Ed. Economică București, pp 99,109-110
- Petre, Iluț, (2000) Iluzia localismului și localizarea iluziei, Ed. Economică, Iași, pp 185.
- Kurt, Lewin (2001) Frontiere în dinamica gruurilor, Ed Ploirom bucurelti pp. 29
- Fred Luthans, (1992). Organizational Behavior, McGraw Hill International Editions, pp 588.
- Fons, Trompenaars (1990) L`Entreprise multinationele, Laurant du Marsil, Paris pp, 154
- Ovidiu, Nicolescu, (1997). Management comparat, Editura Economică, Bucureşti pp 52