Union Bank, PhD Candidate, Tirana University; Albania
Faculty of Economy, Tirana University, Albania
In today’s changing environment, expectations of the workforce toward its employer have changed. Generations that are now part of the workforce differ from each-other, but the newest one, called Millennials (Generation Y), seem to be the most discussed because it differs a lot from the previous ones. Attracting and retaining Millennials employees, is a very big challenge for every company, and as any other industry, banking sector in Albania is exposed to that. This paper presents analysis of some of the most important activities that banks are engaged to get in with Millennials expectations, while keeping the expected norms of turnover and job satisfaction. Internship programs, participation in work and study fairs, use of social networks are some of the activities that private banks in Albania are mostly using to help on this, but are they attractive enough to Albanian Millennials?
generation, Millennials, bank, student, expectations, attract employee.
- Alsop, R. (2009). The trophy kids grow up. Business Book Summaries. EBSCO Publishing Inc
- Curry, C. (2017). America’s public sector has a big problem-it’s not getting any Millennials. The Hill.
- Deloitte Millennial Survey, 2018 Retrieved from: https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/…deloitte/…/Millennialsurvey
- Ghosh, K. (2016). Moving toward a better business model for the millennial generation. Global Studies Journal, Vol. 9 Issue 3 , 21-30.
- Hackaj, A. (2015). Youth Employment Trends in Albania: What is the Market Looking For?Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung.
- Historiku i bankave në Shqipëri, 2012, Albanian Association of Banks. Retrieved from:
- Karapetian, K. (2017). Retrieved September 19, 2018, Extracted from Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescommunicationscouncil/2017/08/08/the-path-to-millennial-spend-is-paved-with-transparency/#7f8c172140d1
- Kasimati M. and Mitllari E. (2009). Sistemet e karrieres ne sektorin publik dhe ate privat (bankar). Politika afersisht te njejta, problematika te ndryshme. Buletini shkencor, Universiteti i Shkodres, 197-213.
- Mitllari E., Kasimati M. (2018). Expectations of Albanian Millennials in the workplace and public sector. The new public management and transition in the south Western Balkan Countries, International Conference for the Balkan, Tirana, 2018, 123-130
- Palese, A., Pantali, G., & Saiani, L. (2006). The management of a multigenerational nursing team with different qualifications: Health Care Management,25 , 173-193.
- PwC’s Next Gen: A global generational study, 2013. Retrieved at: https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/hr…/pdf/pwc-nextgen-study-2013
- Schweyer, A. (2015). Generations in the workplace and marketplace: preferences in rewards, recognition & incentives. The Incentive Research Foundation.
- Schawbel, D. (2013, August 6). Retrieved September 20, 2018, from Millennial Branding:
- Strauss. W. & Howe. N (2007). The next 20 years: How customers and workforce attitudes will evolve. Harvard Business Review, Jul-Aug , 41-52.
Private banks information retrieved from the respective: