2nd International Scientific Conference on Recent Advances in Information Technology, Tourism, Economics, Management and Agriculture – ITEMA 2018 – Graz, Austria, November 8, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by the Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; ISBN 978-86-80194-13-4
The main part of a company is made of its Business processes. Companies are confronted with major changes in their business environment which are global economic and financial crisis and also a steady increase in the expectations of the company’s customers. In this modern business conditions all companies are forced to adapting to modern business, both in terms of demand and supply and all of that in order to stay in this demanding market, which is a major problem for the business. Continuous improvement and Business process reengineering is required nowadays on the modern way of business, especially because this is a time of economic crisis. The main subjects of research in this paper are reengineering and improvement of business processes in times of crisis, beginning with the analysis of the current condition of business processes towards presenting more efficient business operations in the times of the crisis.
There is demanded a different approach of improving and Business process reengineering in times of crisis than in peaceful business times. The same Business process reengineering which usually gives good results is not appropriate enough for a market which is going through an economic crisis. The target of the reengineering is establishment of changes which are defined and based on the demand and market needs. Additionally, as a subject of research in this paper will be processed the way of increasing efficiency in a particular company during the economic crisis. As well, a mode of improving and Business process reengineering, and therefore what is accomplished by using and applying certain methods.
There is an example in this paper which shows how good results can be achieved and accomplished by using certain methods in the company during the crisis with adequate changes, also the methodology for better business results, method of defining the business process management plan in times of crisis, planning phase and realization of plans was presented. The purpose of this paper is to emphasize the importance of managing business processes, especially during the crisis, and how good plan and organization of processes and employees can help companies to overcome the crisis without consequences and to achieve good results in the crisis period.
business processes, crisis, efficiency, reengineering, changes
- Bergeron, F., & Falardeau, J. (1994) Le reingenierie des processus d’affaires dans les enterprises canadiennes. Montreal, Les Editions Transcontinentales.
- Hammer, M., & Champy, J. (1993) Reengineering the Corporation, A Manifesto for Business Revolution, New York, Harper Business.
- Kanji, G. K., Asher, M. (1996) 100 methods for total quality management, London, Sage Publications.
- Mašić B. (2001) Strategijski menadžment, Beograd, Univerzitet Braća Karić.
- Rummler, G. A., & Brache, A. P. (1995) Improving Performance, How to manage the white space on the organization chart, 2. izdanje, San Francisco, Jossey-Bass.
- Vasiljević, D., & Slović, D. (2015) Kaizen, japanska paradigma poslovne izvrsnosti, Beograd, Fakultet organizacionih nauka Univerziteta u Beogradu.
- Vom Brocke, J., & Rosemann, M. (2010) Handbook on Business Process Management 1. , Introduction, Methods, and Information Systems, Berlin, Springer.
- Ziegenbein, K. (2008) Kontroling, Zagreb, RriF plus.
- Živanović, N., Živanović, V., & Živanović, M. (2013) Reengineering capacity exspansion. I Zbornik sa Nacionalne konferencije sa međunarodnim učešćem “Menadžment, sport, turizam” MASTA – 2013, Banja Luka, Republika Srpska (Bosna i Hercegovina), 29.03.2013., str. 30.