2nd International Scientific Conference on Recent Advances in Information Technology, Tourism, Economics, Management and Agriculture – ITEMA 2018 – Graz, Austria, November 8, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by the Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; ISBN 978-86-80194-13-4
Energy is a key topic of our time, something that is not at all surprising if we take into account the fact that energy lies in the basis of the development of the overall modern civilization. However, the time we live in adds new aspects and contexts to this topic, making the role of energy more essential, and energy planning more complex.
The question that arises as the basis of this paper is how the development of the power system takes place on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia? Has Macedonia timely followed the new achievements in the electricity sector and has it developed sufficiently to influence the development of the economy? Is Macedonia ready to adapt its legislation to the European one?
This paper aims to briefly answer the questions thus asked. The goal is to summarize in one place all the theoretical and empirical aspects of the emergence and development of electro energetics in the Republic of Macedonia. Although the realization of this goal is of great importance to the power sector as one of the most significant in each country, it especially adds weight, having in mind its functional connection with the development of the overall economic standard in one state.
From here, the energy sector is on the pedestal in an economic entirety, and its development is essential for the overall progress of a state, as well as for improving the living standard of citizens.
2. Bushi, L. The Electrical Power in Republic of Macedonia, Struga, 2004
3. 60 years electrification of Skopje
4. Eighty years of constant rise
5. Kubasek K. Nancy, Silverman Garys, environmental law, eight edition, 2014
6. Law on transformation of Power Supply Company of Macedonia, Joint Stock Company for power generating, transmission and distribution in state ownership, Official Gazette of RM 19/2004
7. ,,Forum Analitika“, September, 2009