2nd International Scientific Conference on Recent Advances in Information Technology, Tourism, Economics, Management and Agriculture – ITEMA 2018 – Graz, Austria, November 8, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by the Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; ISBN 978-86-80194-13-4
Russia and Cyprus have always been particularly close to each other. The attitude of the Cypriots to the Russians is sincere and respectful. For several decades, these two countries have been interconnected by historical, political, business relations, which are friendly and have a significant impact on the development and cooperation of both states.
Diplomatic relations between the countries, then still the USSR, were established in 1960, when Cyprus was proclaimed an independent republic. The amicable nature of bilateral relations is reflected in the identity of the views and positions of both countries on resolving major international issues, as well as the Russian support of the Republic of Cyprus on reaching a fair solution to the Cyprus issue based on UN Security Council resolutions.
The successful economic development promoted the transformation of the Republic of Cyprus into the international center of banking services and business, one of the biggest tourist resorts in the world, and the language learning center that is very popular with school children and students.
Since 2014, the General Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus has been operating in the capital of the Urals, the city of Yekaterinburg. Its activity is aimed at strengthening and developing economic, commercial, cultural, business relations, attracting tourists from the Urals to the Mediterranean island. In their speeches and meetings, representatives of the Consulate General always note the attractiveness of Cyprus, and also focus on its competitive advantages compared to other countries.
international cooperation, development prospects, foreign trade, tourism, services, investments
2. Compiled by a survey of travel companies.
3. Statistics Service of Cyprus [Electronic resource]. URL: https: //www.analysis/ kipros.ru/
4. URL:https:// Russian trade.com
5. Russian statistical yearbook. 2017: Stat.sb./ Rosstat. Moscow, 2017. P. 307.
6. Russian statistical yearbook. 2017: Stat.sb./ Rosstat. Moscow, 2017. P. 238.
7. Russia and Cyprus: partnership in the sphere of economy, education and tourism [Electronic resource]. URL: https: //www.oblgazeta.ru/ economics / 20958
8. URL: https://oblgazeta.ru
9. URL: https://Uralimsttur.ru
10. URL: https://mfa.gov.cy